Axis Solutions planned and delivered a high quality office fit-out for Metaswitch for their growing Edinburgh office.
Global communications company Metaswitch were growing their team in Edinburgh and needed a bigger space. We worked with them to refurbish and fit-out a second floor office in Edinburgh’s Causewayside. The result? An attractive modern office for Metaswitch’s growing Edinburgh team.
Metaswitch came to Axis Solutions to discuss their need for larger office accommodation. They were planning to move from the fourth floor, where their office was becoming too cramped, to a larger floorplate on the second floor.
The first step in the process was to come up with a fully detailed and itemised budget. Once that was approved we began work on space planning and the design of the proposed new office on the second floor. The client brief was to provide a modern, functional office environment that would provide a workplace where existing employees would be proud to work and a place where new staff would want to work.
- Space planning, interior design and preparation of all building warrant drawings to obtain building warrant and completion certificate
- Protection of existing common areas (fire exits, common stairwells, toilets)
- Uplift carpets to allow raised access floors to be uplifted and set aside for re-use
- Remove existing suspended ceiling where access required for new mechanical and electrical services installation
- Installation of new metal partitioning and glazed partitioning forming new cellular offices, meeting rooms, conference rooms and comms room
- Formation of new plasterboard feature columns and beams to reception area
- Installation of a new folding operable wall between conference room and staff kitchen area
- Installation of new kitchen to form staff breakout area
- Manufacture of bespoke feature slated screens at reception and collaboration spaces
- Preparation of all ceilings and walls for decoration works
- Install new feature plank floor tiles to agile working spaces, reception area and staff break-out areas
- Survey existing air conditioning system and provide report on condition
- Alter existing supply and extract to suit new layout
- Supply new extract ventilation to locker room and shower rooms
- Formation of new showers and locker area
- Electrical works to include alterations to switchgear and circuits to suit new services. Alter existing light fittings and switching
- Supply new floor boxes to suit new furniture layout